April 18th, 2014
April 9th, 2014
Your Wedding Stationery is a great way to set the tone for your dream day! It creates an excitement surrounding your wedding for your guests and provides pertinent information, such as where and when and dress code, and so on.
Join us on April 22, 2014 at 6:30pm in our studio in Haile Village for an evening of fun tips, great company, and beautiful wedding style! Any bride is welcome with one guest. We can’t wait to share our knowledge with you and help you create a gorgeous, custom wedding stationery suite. See some inspiration on the Custom Stationary page on our blog.
Please RSVP on our Facebook Event Page. We look forward to seeing you!!
April 4th, 2014
I’m not the normal one you hear from on the blog, but I was “convinced” to become a part of this experience! Like Kristin said in her first “From the Desk of Kristin” post, we have learned so much over the past 6 years in this business, and I want to take the opportunity to share some of our experience and helpful information to our audience on the blog. One thing I appreciate most about our business is that each of our team members bring such unique strengths to the table to allow us to be the best we can be.
What is the first thing that happens when some one mentions a name? You picture that person in your mind – trying to put a face with the name. If you can’t picture them, you usually take a few moments to try to figure out who they are before you can truly relate what is being said about that person. This is why I want to discuss the importance of a business portrait for you and your business. We always hear how important a first impression is, so I believe it is so important to put your best face forward, especially now, when someone’s first impression of you may not even be “in person”.
The key to a successful business portrait is one that conveys professionalism, reflects the brand of your company, but also captures your personality. This sounds like a lot to capture in one image! This is why we find it so useful so talk through some of these details with you before hand, so we can plan your session and make sure the end result is going to be exactly what you are looking for. While the traditional studio portrait in front of a solid color background is appropriate for many occupations and situations, we have found that there are just as many situations where a unique change of pace is needed.
Consider some of these ideas :
- Where will your business portrait be used? This image will be used throughout your website, blog, on business cards, for social media, and various other areas. This will be important for the orientation of your image, how close up it is, etc. You might need multiple images to use, and that is important to know before your session.
- Does your business have have a certain style or “dress code”? Your image should reflect the company you are representing. Think through the way you look day-to-day in your business. Are people expecting to see a doctor in jeans and a polo, or a massage therapist in a suit and tie… probably not. You will want the people who see your business portrait to know what to expect when they do have the opportunity to meet you. You will want to stay consistent with the dress your business expects day-to-day, but it is usually better to err on the more formal side.
- Does your business have specific colors that are reflected throughout their brand? These will be important to note for the choice of your background, as well as the colors you choose to wear. You do not want to have something that conflicts with the colors that are already associated with your brand.
- For men: We recommend a haircut about one week before the session.
- For women: We recommend professional makeup. The same as we tell our brides (see some makeup tips here), professional makeup artists understand the lighting and equipment photographers use and this will greatly enhance the final product, but still allowing you to look like you.
- Use it as an opportunity. From one business owner to another, we all know how important it is to network and maintain relationships. While it may be tempting to have a friend, family member, or co-worker take a quick picture of you dressed up in front of a white wall, consider the long term benefits of working with another professional. We love when we have the opportunity to use our talents to help your business put their best face forward, and also look enjoy working with other businesses who have this same passion.
- Consider it an investment. You want to have an image you are proud to display, as well as an image people will remember and associate with your brand. It is important to build consistency in your brand, so this is not an aspect of your business that should be changing very often. We know the long-term benefits of having a business portrait that reflects your businesses’ professionalism and brand will be worth it’s weight in gold!
Let me show you what this looks like for our business. You will see below the consistent black and white images that we choose for ourselves and our employees. While they all use the consistent colors, you will notice that there are a variety of images that are used throughout our website, social media, and business cards. We knew each of these images that would appropriately fit the various situations we were planning to use them.
For another Local Business, Frankel Media Group, they chose to do a non-traditional business portrait for each of their employees that showcased a bit of their personal hobbies and interests. They want their company to be showcased for their creativity and uniqueness, so their business portraits are a reflection of that.
Would you like to schedule a professional business portrait? Contact us today and we will get it scheduled! We look forward to hearing from you.
March 28th, 2014
When you know something is only around for a limited time, you make it a priority! That is exactly what this sweet family did last spring. Jim and Kelley wanted some special pictures of their girls and they loved the idea of photographing them in the field of wildflowers. Somehow with their busy schedules, we made it happen and the field was perfectly in bloom. We also did a second location along the wooden fence on the family’s gorgeous property. It’s always special to photograph close to home. Jim and Kelley… your family is so very special to us and we have really enjoyed watching the girls grow up over the years. It happens so fast!
The flowers are starting to bloom again in our wildflower field! If you’re interested in scheduling your Spring family session and love this area, call us today. Sessions will begin in the field in just a couple of weeks! 352.562.3066
March 27th, 2014
“Amazing. Beautiful. Unforgettable.”
Every couple should be able to look back on their wedding day and have these words pop into their mind. Andrea and Daniel definitely did! They planned an elegant affair at the Haile Plantation Golf and Country Club. Surrounded by their closest family and friends, they enjoyed every moment, shared laughs and tears, and made unforgettable memories. Every time we were around this couple in the planning process, they always filled the room with laughter. This was true for their engagement session, and the wedding day did not disappoint, either! They both seem to have so much fun wherever they are, especially when they are together.
We hope that every bride can learn from Andrea’s advice as she reflected on her wedding day… “Plan what you can, but don’t stress. In the end, it will be a beautiful day and you will marry the one who holds your heart.” We couldn’t have said it better Andrea!
Sometimes a groom just needs a pep talk as they are getting ready for the big day. Trey knew just what to tell Daniel! After all, Trey had a beautiful wedding day not terribly long ago!
Andrea said their first look “was amazing and perfect. I could not have asked for more in one moment. It was so special to have that small amount of time alone together and talk to one another before our walk down the aisle. It is a moment neither of us will ever forget and will always treasure.”
Andrea’s favorite detail of her wedding were the flowers. I bet you can guess why!
Another beautiful wedding, with many thanks to this team of vendors :
Venue & Catering : Haile Plantation Golf & Country Club
March 25th, 2014
Before we walk into our bride’s getting ready room, we want to know all of her bridesmaids names, her mother’s name, how long she has until her hair and make up will be done, when she wants to start getting into her dress, when her dad will be seeing her for the first time… and ALL of the other details of the wedding day. A wedding planner or coordinator will have a detailed timeline of the entire day, where as the other vendors (like us!) will have a snapshot of our specific plan. We have found that creating a photography timeline gives us a priceless guide for accomplishing what our brides and grooms are hoping for. Before creating the timeline, we start by finding out what images are important to you, advising you on how long it may take to create these images, and planning the day accordingly. Here are our tips for planning your wedding photography timeline!
- Know which images are the most important to you! This is always where we begin. If you want a first look with your dad and fiancé, we need to know to add the appropriate time in before the ceremony. If you value the “going away” image, that will make a difference when we arrive. Starting with your “must have” list (of both small moments and big moments) is the most important part.
- Know which images are important to your family and friends. On the timeline, we have notes of the various images that you want with family and friends and decide what time will be the best to photograph them. We have a “Special Requests” section on the timeline that we use as a checklist on the wedding day so we remember everything that’s important to both you and others involved.
- Be willing to add “buffer” times to ensure we never get too behind. We’ve found that people have the tendency to try to fit as much as possible into the smallest amount of time, but we can’t tell you enough how important it is to have a relaxing and enjoyable day. It is best to be realistic about the time certain activities are going to take, because if we ever do get behind, the stress is reflected on your face! If we can build in this “buffer”, instead of it turning into a rushed “photo shoot”, you get to walk, breathe, enjoy and take in each moment while we follow behind you and create spectacularly beautiful images.
- Consider travel times carefully. When you are first making your wedding plans, consider the distance between the location you are getting ready, the ceremony, and the reception. See what arrangements can be made to keep these as simple as possible. If adequate time is given, these trips can be really fun and special. We hope that our couples can enjoy the flutters in their stomachs as they are driving to the ceremony or reception, verses stressing and sweating that they’re going to be late. Again, all of these moments throughout the wedding day are only special if you’re enjoying them. And the images are beautiful when there is joy in your faces.
Once we build your timeline with you, this is another tip to help your day runs smoothly…
- Communicate your timeline with family, bridal party, and vendors. Make sure everyone knows where to be and when! Common areas where we see this as an issue are: Family still helping to set up when they are supposed to be helping the bride get ready; the children in the bridal party not being to the venue for bridal party pictures before the ceremony – they may just think they need to be there in time for the ceremony; making sure the florist knows when you are starting pictures so everyone can have their bouquets and boutonnieres on. With a little bit of communication, all these issues can be easily avoided!
Here are two sample timelines we give to our brides and grooms. One includes a first look and one does not. Ideally, our brides sit down with Kristin before they start making any of their hair or make up appointments.
Let us know if you have any specific questions about your wedding photography timeline! email@example.com • 352.562.3066
March 13th, 2014
Little did Taylor know, but when Tyler was invited along on her family’s trip to Italy last summer, it would change her life! Tyler took full advantage of this wonderful experience and proposed after a dinner and walk around the center of Florence. This seems to fall perfectly in line with their “wonderful and spontaneous” relationship!
Taylor and Tyler decided they wanted their wedding to be very classic, elegant, and timeless. Their engagement session was a perfect reflection of this style as well. The were going for a “classic 1950′s, Audrey Hepburn, city look”, and, with the combination of their classic black and white attire and the beautiful spots around the Haile Village Center, the look came together perfectly!
Their wedding is just weeks away at this point, and we can hardly wait!
March 6th, 2014
We had so much fun with Allison and Shivan! Their wedding day was just packed full of joy, laughter, personality, and, of course, superhero details! If you thought ranch weddings were only for boots and hay bales, this will show you differently. A beautiful venue, no matter where it is, can be transformed by a team of great vendors to make it suit your personality just perfectly. Allison and Shivan’s goal was to have “a fun and playful wedding without it looking too rustic or country.” They pulled that off quite well! There is no doubt that the Santa Fe River Ranch is a beautiful venue for every the wedding theme!
We love the creativity from Dream Day Cakes in incorporating the pretty sunflower details along with the fun superhero details of this amazing cake and cupcake display! They were just as scrumptious as they look!
Genius Entertainment kept the party going, with help from Allison and Shivan and their stellar first dance!
Even Iron Man made an appearance at this party!
Santa Fe River Ranch (venue) - Dream Day Cakes - Genius Entertainment - Masterpiece Weddings - Imprint Cinema (Videographer) - The Plant Shoppe Florist - Image Insight - Graceful Strands (hair) - Celebrations Catering (Catering & Rentals)
You can also see Allison & Shivan’s Thomas Center Engagement Session on our blog.
February 20th, 2014
Valentine’s Day may be over, but the romance of February is still going strong! Love was definitely in the air for Amanda and Steve on this gorgeous, sunny day at the Thomas Center. Their classy engagement session included fine wine, elegant dancing, and incredible music. Steve is actually classically trained on the violin and Amanda sings and plays guitar. Their love for the arts, and each other, shined through in image after image, making it hard for us to narrow down the selection for this post!
With the wedding a little over a month away, we are so excited to see how all of the details come together. There’s no question that this wedding will be incredibly elegant and sentimental. Can I put in a request that Steve’s violin makes an appearance? Congratulations Amanda and Steve!
February 18th, 2014
We’ve had the honor of working with this incredibly relaxed and fun family for two years. I can hardly believe how much Cakki has changed. Last year she carried her stuffed animal with her the whole session. And now she seems so grown up! Lem, Dana and Cakki came in this fall for a Family Session before the holidays. Can you tell we are in Florida?! I absolutely love that they decided to go with pinks and greens. The bright happy colors in their outfits definitely matched their personalities and Dana thought it would be a fun pop of color when the images were displayed their walls. We also designed an adorable card that definitely stood out amongst the red and green ones!
At Lem and Dana’s Reveal, we designed what we call a Triptych to combine three precious images of Cakki, well… just being Cakki! See near the bottom of the post how we displayed the images together. They are printed on the same photo paper where the portrait can be framed as one unit. It think it deserves a pink frame!
We love you guys and have so much fun every time we see you! We’re looking forward to working with you again soon!
This is Cakki’s Triptych. What fun! Their Christmas card design is below as well. Thanks again Lem and Dana and we hope you’re enjoying your canvases and enlargements on your walls! I’m sure Cakki’s beautiful smile on your wall makes everyone happy!